By David Aminoff
Read Online or Download Blood and Tissue Antigens. International Symposium on Blood and Tissue Antigens Held At the University of Michigan Medical Center, September 17-19, 1969 PDF
Best international_1 books
Academics in multilingual study rooms were operating for a few years to enhance their repertoire of how to handle the wishes of very youngsters who input college no longer conversing the language of guideline. The paintings of twenty-two pro lecturers and directors in foreign faculties worldwide, this e-book features a wealth of knowledge for school room academics, permitting them to stand a brand new university yr with self assurance, and for directors to appreciate extra basically what's occupied with the educating of young ones who don't but comprehend the school’s language.
- Formal Description Techniques, IV. Proceedings of the IFIP TC6/WG6.1 Fourth International Conference on Formal Description Techniques for Distributed Systems and Communications Protocols, FORTE '91, Sydney, Australia, 19–22 November 1991
- Economic Integration Among Unequal Partners. The Case of the Andean Group
- Advances in National Brand and Private Label Marketing: Second International Conference, 2015
- Dyke Swarms - Time Markers of Crustal Evolution: Selected Papers of the Fifth International Dyke Conference in Finland, Rovaniemi, Finland, 31 July- 3 Aug 2005 & Fourth International Dyke Conference, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa 26-29 June 2001
- Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics: 21st International Conference, TPHOLs 2008, Montreal, Canada, August 18-21, 2008. Proceedings
- Advances in Spatial and Temporal Databases: 14th International Symposium, SSTD 2015, Hong Kong, China, August 26-28, 2015. Proceedings
Additional info for Blood and Tissue Antigens. International Symposium on Blood and Tissue Antigens Held At the University of Michigan Medical Center, September 17-19, 1969
A constant association exists between ka and the blood group antigen called M (5,6) and between Ka and another antigen called L (7,8). Recently Ellory and Tucker (8) have reported the exciting observation that treatment of LK erythrocytes with anti-L antiserum dramatically stimulates the cation transport system, effectively conferring HK properties on the LK cell. 51 GEORGE J. BREWER ET AL. Because the erythrocytes of newborn lambs of all genotypes are HK and do not react with M antisera, we felt that a study of the sequential development of adult characteristics in the lamb red cells might shed light on important interrelationships.
Thus, a microbe with A activity would successfully infect type A individuals, and after the epidemic had subsided, the residual population would contain fewer type A individuals, ^hjischel (51) has reviewed the experimental evidence relating to the existence of blood group substance activity in plague and smallpox organisms and finds the evidence in both to be such that serious doubts can be raised as to whether either organism can, on these grounds, be considered as a major selective force in altering blood group trequencies.
A. E. Glynn and E. J. Holborow, Lancet _2, 759 (1956). 43. J. O. Goslings Am. J. Hum. Gen. 21, 360 (1969). 44. H. E. Rosenfield, Prog, in Med. Genetics jL, 120 (1967). 45. H. J. V. Neel, Science 128, 719 (1958). 46. J. Solish and H. Gershowitz, Am. J. Hum. Gen. 21, 23 (1969). 47. J. Whitelaw, L. Grames and M. Antone, Obst, and Gyn. _20, 317 (1962). 48. F. J. Pettenkofer and W. Helmbold, Acta Genet. Stat. Med. 10, 267 (1960). 49. J. Kelso, Southwestern Lore 28, 48 (1962). 50. C M . Otten, Current Anthro.